April 15, 2020 For Immediate Release St. Johns County COVID-19 Resident Assistance and Business Assistance Hotlines
St. Johns County, FL - During these unprecedented times, St. Johns County is supporting residents and local businesses impacted by COVID-19 with an unparalleled level of additional resources and programs. St. Johns County residents and businesses who have been affected by COVID-19 now have a consolidated source of information regarding available programs, funding, and recovery assistance through dedicated individual and business assistance hotlines.
SJC COVID-19 Resident Assistance Hotline – 904.209.1250 The St. Johns County COVID-19 Resident Assistance Hotline, 904.209.1250, is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Resident Assistance Inquiries may also be submitted to email@example.com. Our specialists are available to provide information regarding federal assistance, State of Florida Reemployment Assistance, local programs, non-profit agencies, and other resources. St. Johns County residents, including those in the City of St. Augustine and the City of St. Augustine Beach, who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19 may also qualify for disaster relief funding. Under the Florida State Housing Initiative Partnership Program (SHIP), residents may be eligible to receive assistance with some of the following costs:
- Temporary mortgage payment for homeowners financially impacted by COVID-19.
- Temporary rent payments for tenants financially impacted by COVID-19.
- Temporary utility payments for tenants financially impacted by COVID-19.
- Utility late fees and disconnections for residents financially impacted by COVID-19.
SJC COVID-19 Business Assistance Hotline – 904.209.6050
The St. Johns County COVID-19 Business Assistance Hotline, 904.209.6050, is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to help local businesses obtain information about Federal, State, and local funding, tax incentives, and resources designed to assist during the COVID-19 health emergency. Business Assistance Inquiries may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our specialists are available to assist local businesses navigate State and Federal economic recovery programs for businesses directly impacted by COVID-19 and will provide the following services:
- Assist businesses in navigating available Federal and State programs, including:
- Federal Paycheck Protection Program Loans (PPP)
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) o SBA Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Small Business Tax Provisions
- Other relevant programs
- Assess and track economic impact and damages to local business and tourism industries.
- Evaluate potential gaps between available resources and unmet needs.