Veteran unemployment is on the rise again. While non-veteran unemployment hits hard at4.6%, veteran unemployment trails closely behind at 4.2%. What does this mean? Unemployment runs deep through all demographics. However, one organization is getting veterans to work NOW.
Veterans bring a quality to the civilian workplace that is earned through battle: grit. Conditioned to adapt and respond to change, veteran job candidates are leading the pack in the mission to get the job done and reset the workforce to a thriving capacity.
DAV & RecruitMilitary will host the Jacksonville Veterans Job Fair Thursday November 18th at TIAA Bank Stadium from 11am to 3pm EST. Registration is free and available online to all transitioning military, veterans, military spouses and dependents.
“Our driving purpose is to empower veterans to find meaningful work opportunities in the private sector,” said Tim Best, CEO of RecruitMilitary. “We work with companies throughout the world that see tremendous value in the transferable skills that military trained personnel bring to their organizations. We are pleased to provide these companies with a vast network of highly qualified veteran job candidates looking for meaningful civilian career opportunities.”
Register today for the event tomorrow HERE
All info and stats on event came from: DAV & RecruitMilitary
63 Registered Exhibitors
VIEW ALL EXHIBITORS
Our events average over 50 exhibitors, and the list is not final until the day of the event. Check back regularly for additions.
Upcoming Job Fair Information
Job Seeker Venue Information
View exhibitor details
TIAA Bank Field
1 TIAA Bank Field Drive
TIAA Bank Field Information
The Job Fair will take place on the second level in the TIAA Field East Club.
Metal detectors and bag screening are a standard part of security.
Follow RecruitMilitary signs to the event space.
COMPLIMENTARY parking is available in Lot C. Enter the building through the East Club North Gate then through the front doors of the East Club.
See Parking and Entry MapHERE.
Event Preparation Resources
Craft Your 30-Second Elevator Pitch
Interview Prep & Technique
Review Your Resume
Before the Event Checklist
- Complete yourRecruitMilitary profile
- Upload your resume to yourRecruitMilitary profile
- Research the exhibitors and open jobs
- Review the venue information
- Read the in-person eventFAQ
- Share this opportunity with others
Event Success Tips
- Be Prepared:Charge your phone and practice your elevator pitch.
- Keep an Open Mind:You never know which company has the perfect job for you.
- Work the Room:Stop by every booth and share your QR code with every organization.
- Rule of 3:Get at least three company follow-ups.
- Apply as You Network:Apply to open positions while you network with recruiters.
- Smile:Be confident. You've got this!