It's officially Hurricane Season! So you need to make sure you are prepared and ready for a storm.
Since Florida’s Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday continues through June 9, you still have some time to save on items for your hurricane preparedness kit.
Here is a list of items you should include in that kit:
- Non-Perishable Food
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- A First aid kit
- Multi-purpose tools
- Sanitation items
- Personal hygiene items
- Copies of important personal documents, medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates and insurance policies, etc.
- Cellphones with chargers and cell phone battery packs that are already charged up.
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra fuel for your generator and car.
HERE is a check off guide to help you.
When it comes to water, usually you'll need one gallon per person, per day.
A really good tip to share from Florida's Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis, is to take video of your home, inside and out. Document the trees around your house, the condition of your house, so you have proof as to what it looked like prior to storm season.