UPDATE: EVACUATION ENDS AT PM ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH.
Mayor Lenny Curry has ordered a mandatory evacuation for zones A and B starting at 8am Monday morning (9/2) including the beaches and other flood-prone areas.
Shelters will open at 10am Monday morning (9/2) and will remain open as long as needed. JTA will provide free transportation to the shelters.
Duval County shelters
- Abess Park Elementary, 12731 Abess Blvd. (general population)
- Andrew Robinson Elementary, 101 W. 12th Street (general population)
- Arlington Middle School, 8141 Lone Star Road (general population)
- Atlantic Coast High School, 9735 R. G. Skinner Pkwy. (special needs/pet friendly)
- Chimney Lakes Elementary School, 9353 Staples Mill Dr. (general population/pet friendly)
- Enterprise Elementary, 8085 Old Middleburg Road (special needs)
- Landmark Middle School, 101 Kernan Blvd. N. (general population/pet friendly)
- Mandarin Middle School, 5100 Hood Road (general population/pet friendly)
- Oceanway Elementary School, 12555 Gillepsie Ave. (general population)
- Oceanway Middle School, 143 Oceanway Ave. (special needs)
- The Legends Center (Department of Health - special needs only), 5130 Soutel Dr. (special needs, general population, pet friendly)
- Twin Lakes Elementary School, 8000 Point Meadows Dr. (general population)
Take any JTA bus marked "Evacuation Shuttle" on a regular JTA bus route before the announced cut off time.
Go to any designated public pick-up locations:
- Fletcher High School – 700 Seagate Ave., Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- Mayport Middle School – 2600 Mayport Road, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Jacksonville Beach Elementary – 315 South 10th St., Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
- Special Needs Registry: https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736729696#/login
- Special Needs Shelters: http://www.coj.net/all-of-coj/accessibility-statement.aspx
- Pet Friendly Shelters:http://www.coj.net/departments/fire-and-rescue/emergency-preparedness/be-jaxready/shelter-information/pet-friendly-shelters.aspx
UPDATE: EVACUATION ENDS AT 5PM ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH.
Clay County will open Five shelters at 5pm on Tuesday, September 3rd:
- Lake Asbury Junior High School (special needs), 2851 Sandridge Rd, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- Keystone Heights High School (pet friendly), 900 Orchid Ave, Keystone Heights, FL 32656
- Orange Park High School (pet friendly), 2300 Kingsley Ave, Orange Park, FL 32073
- Clay High School, 2025 FL-16, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- Wilkinson Elementary School, 4965 Co Rd 218, Middleburg, FL 32068
If elderly residents require help getting to a shelter, they were asked to contact the Citizen Information Center. The Emergency Management call center can be reached at 1-877-252-9362.
- Special Needs Registry: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085619298#/login
- Special Needs Shelters: https://www.claycountygov.com/departments/emergency-management
St. Johns County
UPDATE: EVACUATION ENDS AT 3PM ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH.
A mandatory evacuation begins at 8:00 Monday morning for everyone living in zones A or B in St. Johns County including Saint Augustine, Saint Augustine Beach, and Ponte Vedra Beach.
From our partners at News4Jax.
St. Johns County will also open six shelters at 8 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 2. The County is prepared to open additional shelters as needed. The following shelters will be open to the public:
- Pacetti Bay Middle School, 245 Meadowlark Ln. (Special needs)
- Timberlin Creek Elementary School, 555 Pine Tree Ln. (Pet-friendly)
- Southwoods Elementary, 4750 State Road 206. (Pet-friendly)
- Pedro Menendez High School, 600 State Road 206 West. (General population)
- Bartram Trail High School, 7399 Longleaf Pine Pkwy. (General population)
- Osceola Elementary, 1605 Osceola Elementary Rd. (General population)
St. Johns County recommends that all evacuees bring their own bedding, including sleeping bags or air mattresses, pillows, sheets, and blankets. A five-day supply of water, non-perishable food, medication, diapers, and other personal items are also suggested. Please refer to the list below for additional supply suggestions:
- At least five-day supply of medications, insulin and cooler if you are diabetic.
- Personal grooming and hygiene items, feminine supplies.
- Extra clothing, eyeglasses.
- Books, magazines, cards, games, etc.
- Pillows, blankets, sheets, lawn chair/chaise lounge.
- Flashlight and extra batteries, manual can opener.
- Personal identification/important papers.
- Shelters (General & Special Needs): https://www.sjcemergencymanagement.com/shetlocs.html
- Special Needs Registry: https://www.sjcemergencymanagement.com/regist.html
Uber offering free rides to shelters, use code "DORIANRELIEF"
This page will be updated with Shelter locations as they are made available.