Nicole currently stands as a Tropical Storm - but some NE Florida counties are already beginning to make decisions about evacuations and opening shelters to prepare for possible effects.
St. Johns County
7AM Wednesday, November 9th, voluntary evacuations begin for the coastal areas of St. Johns County - St. Augustine/St. Augustine Beach.
Two shelters open at 1PM Wednesday, November 9th:
- Health and Human Services Department (Special medical needs) - 200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine
- Solomon Calhoun Community Center (General population and pet-friendly) - 1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine
Recommended evacuations for Zone F.
Shelters open at 6PM Wednesday, November 9th:
- Ochwilla Elementary School (pet-friendly) - 299 State Road 21 Hawthorne
- Kelley Smith Elementary School (Special medical needs. Residents must be registered with the Putnam County Department of Health @ snr.putnam-fl.com.) - 141 Kelly Smith School Road, Palatka
- Browning-Pearce Elementary School - 100 Marvick St., San Mateo
- Middleton-Burney Elementary School - 1020 Huntington Road, Crescent City
Evacuation orders will go into affect Wednesday, November 9th for Zone A.
So far, one shelter is scheduled to open at 3PM Wednesday, November 9th.
- Rymfire Elementary School - 1425 Rymfire Dr, Palm Coast
For what to bring, visit News4JAX.
And always KNOW YOUR ZONE.