I made a delicious low-carb dish for dinner last week that I want to share with you, because it was that good!
It was from the Tasty website. I love using recipes from there. Most of them are pretty easy, or seem easy, anyway. This one is definitely easy. It's called, Low-Carb Mediterranean Chicken & Tomato.
It's one of the best dishes I have ever made.
Low-Carb Mediterranean Chicken And Tomato By Kevin Curry by Tasty
1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
½ cup chicken stock
⅓ cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, for garnish
steam cauliflower rice, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
3. Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and the chicken thighs. Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until the edges are seared. Remove the chicken from the skillet and transfer to a clean plate.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic thyme, and rosemary to the pan and sauté for 2–3 minutes, until fragrant.
5. Pour in the chicken stock, then add the sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream. Season with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1–2 minutes, to let the flavors meld, then add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
6. Return the chicken thighs to the skillet, nestling into the sauce. Drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken.
7. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes, until cooled slightly and the sauce thickens.
9. Garnish with the parsley, then serve the chicken over cauliflower rice with more sauce spooned on top.
It was fast to make and used only one pan... BONUS!
CLICK HERE to see the video on Tasty.